How we are working with parents and carers
- Increase parents' capacity to support students to aspire to, engage with and succeed in higher education.
- Contribute to a body of knowledge about engagement of parents in higher education and make recommendations for best practice.
- Research and develop a target and sustainable program of activities and resources.
- Continue to produce and distribute the "Higher Education – It's for Everyone" materials and DVDs.
- Collaborate with DEC community engagement personnel including Community Liaison Officers, Community Information Officers and Aboriginal Education Officers.
- Mobilise and participate in networks with Bridges universities, Bridges Partners and community organisations.
- Integrate activities and resources for parents into all Bridges projects.
- Incorporate and deliver Bridges monitoring and evaluation requirements.
University Visits for Parents and Carers
Come and experience university for yourself so you can better support your child. Information will be available about applying to university, university life, costs, courses, and the support available. Common questions answered and a campus tour provided.