How we are working with rural and remote communities
The Bridges universities are working around New South Wales to improve school students' academic outcomes, and awareness, confidence and motivation towards higher education.
Bridges will engage directly with students, school staff and local communities in some rural and remote areas.
Engagement will include:
- University academics visiting schools;
- Campus visits held by the Bridges partner universities for students, their families and key community members;
- Expanding mentoring programs to rural and remote NSW.
Three of our innovative projects will reach across the State, using online technologies:
- Our two TV documentary series will be accessible on the web and in formats suited to use in classroom and information sessions. The first broadcast of Models of Achievement episodes will feature an online forum.
- The Make your mark website developed in partnership with the Universities Admissions Centre will provide information relevant to all universities in NSW and the ACT.
- The NSW Department of Education and Communities' advanced technologies will be utilised by our Bridges Connect project group, enabling school classes to interact with university academics wherever they are.