Engagement Framework Toolkit
Over the last two decades a wealth of knowledge and experience has been built internationally in the widening participation arena. However, there remains no definitive and contextualised evidence of best practice.
This Engagement Framework Toolkit encompasses a progression map from kindergarten to tertiary education, documenting the key transition points and enablers for a person progressing through education, with the interventions and key messages required to support advancement.
Progression maps are available by Stage:
- Early Stage 1 to Stage 3 – Kindergarten to Year 6
- Stage 4 to Stage 6 – Year 7 to Year 12
- Tertiary progression / lifelong learning / mature age
And by Aspect:
- Academic preparedness
- Awareness, confidence and motivation
- School and community capacity
- Engaging parents and carers
- Pathways and transitions
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people
Bridges to Higher Education has adopted an evidence-based and research-informed approach, acknowledging international models of practice to provide key information as to the engagements required at each developmental stage to facilitate progression through the educational journey.